We recently returned from a 4-day trip to the coast. We had an amazing time together and on that trip, decided that at the end of this summer, we will start trying to have a baby. We've decided to not necessarily "try" but we're going to stop "trying not to" have a baby. In my pre-teen years I watched my mom and dad go through a lot of fertility problems. I remember her taking her temperature and charting it. I remember how sad she would be when she had miscarriages.
I'm doing all I can to not stress. I want to make sure that we know exactly what we are getting into while on this journey. The journey has really already began. It's so exciting! I started taking pre-natal vitamins on April 24th, 2012.
I am keeping this blog a secret from family and friends until after we are pregnant and announce to everyone. After that, I will share with them as well. I know everyone is going to already start expecting us to get pregnant soon. One First Anniversary is on September 2, 2012. July will be my last pill pack. This is all so exciting! I have wanted to be a mom since...forever.
Things are going really well with us and we feel like we are definitely ready.
I own a dance studio and we will be opening our brand new location this June and Matt is working hard in school to get his degree. While Matt is finishing school he'll get to be a Stay-at-Home Dad and we are both really happy about that. With my schedule, and owning my own business, Matt and our baby will be at the studio with me everyday and we can all hang out there during the days together. We couldn't be happier or feel more blessed that we will both get to experience this journey together.
I have a lot of experience with babies and children. I have three siblings that were born when I was 12, 14 & 15. I took care of them a lot! I also nannied for 4 children for a year and a half when we moved to Seattle and then nannied for 4 other families part-time since then. As far as diapers, bottles, and feeding goes...I feel pretty ready. Nannying is not being a mom though. Nothing even close.
I can't wait to learn so much more while we are preparing for this! I'm nervous about a lot of things that I've never done before....
*being pregnant
*labor & delivery (terrified)
*breast feeding / pumping
*being in charge of sleep schedules
*bath times
*waking up in the middle of the night (I'm going to suck at that...good thing Matt's up for it!--again, blessed!)
*making every single decision for their lives...
*just everything!
I'm so so excited :) I can't say that enough. I have been wanting this for so long and to hear Matt tell me during dinner while we were in Seabrook, that he is ready to be a Dad was the best thing I've ever heard. I was completely surprised by him bringing it up and of course, cried. (I always cry).
I hope that from this blog, we will be able to document this journey that we can one day read to our children. I've already been doing so much to prepare for their lives. I want our children to have the best lives possible. I already love them so so much and they're still just a dream.
I started a journal, but was bummed that I couldn't put pictures with it when I wanted.
This blog will also hopefully help anyone else out there learning along with me.
I'll do posts on different products and things I learn from books I've been buying.
I really hope this works and stays secret :) Some of my family members are super good at Googling lol.
I didn't use my name for that purpose. We'll see.....
Just 85 days until I am free from "The Pill"!
--CKL--
I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear some good news this summer!
ReplyDelete