We started reading this book tonight. It's over 500 pages.
"Before Your Pregnancy...A 90-Day Guide for Couples on How to Prepare for a Healthy Conception"
We're just going to read 10 pages a night.
Tonight, I read aloud and tomorrow night Matt will. It was kind of fun to be cuddled up on the couch learning about everything together. Just when I think I know all there is to know about this, I learn something new.
We scheduled our PreConception Appointment for Tuesday morning to meet a Midwife (CNM) at our brand new hospital. I am so excited to meet her and see if we like her enough for her to be our doctor. We're going to work on creating our first list of interview questions for her this weekend. I want to meet with a Midwife first because I feel I will do better with the more personal experience they give you instead of your doctor who just checks in on you and then is there for the "finale". I feel blessed that our city has a new hospital and that they have built a beautiful birthing center there in the hospital. If we do decide to go along with having the midwife, she can deliver our baby there in the hospital in our birthing suite which all have soaker jacuzzi tubs. There are also two emergency rooms on the floor if need be. I feel like having a midwife will be great for me.
So on Tuesday, we go in for our first pre-conception counseling appointment with her where we can ask her any questions we want and she will start getting us on the right path to a healthy baby. Hopefully by doing all of this "pre" work, it won't take us long to actually get pregnant. (crossing my fingers daily).
Tonight while reading together, we did an activity that was in the book asking what we thought are traits that a "good mother" and a "good father" should have. (we just picked three)
Matt: humor, patience, organization
Chelsea: patience, organization, nurturing
We were then asked to name our strengths and say how those apply to being "good parents".
Matt: 'Patience'...he's extremely patient and that is going to help us immensely in the beginning and throughout our children's lives.
Chelsea: 'Planning'... because it will help us to make sure our children have a good life and that our family is organized and that when our children are older I can help them plan for college and their futures. Matt shut it down and said that's a fault. I cried because my feelings were hurt. We started over (typical lol) and just kept reading.
(I hope I laugh at this when we read it back one day)
I know Matt is into this. Way more than most guys probably are. But, I'm already super emotional about it and am crying easier than I normally do to comments made about me being a mom or things that are important to me about pregnancy and our children's lives. Matt likes to be funny. Sometimes I can laugh, but not every time.
Ex. "Matt, I really want us to try cloth diapers"..."Ha! We'll see how long that lasts!"
Result...me crying. (Not in an over-dramatic usual way, but just sad). And Matt hugging me while still kind of laughing saying, "honey, I'm sorry..I didn't mean to make you cry"
I am not even pregnant yet and am super weird lately. I have a feeling that a lot of the reason that women are so emotional while they are pregnant is because of the amount of love and concern they have towards their child inside of them. I already feel love towards them and they are nonexistent. The closer we are to starting to try, the more touchy and sensitive I get on the subject.
Oh boy.......
I found your blog from the restless blog hop. I am a new follower and look forward to reading about your journey! Good luck at your appointmet!
ReplyDeletehttp://babybotts.blogspot.com/
Hi there! I am visiting from the Young and Restless Blog Hop and wanted to stop in and say hi! I am a new follower! I blog over at http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ hope you'll stop by and do the same!
ReplyDeleteRobin
I'm following you here too! Excited to get to know you and hear about your journey!
ReplyDeletewww.thecurlycues.com