We have talked about having kids since we were dating.
I remember sitting in my parents living room (just Matt & I) ...would have been January of '09... talking about what we would do for a nursery if we ever had a baby. Guess who initiated that conversation...
We decided then and there and it has not changed since, that we will do our first born's nursery themed after Peter Pan. We love the moral! Have fun, be a kid, play, dream, live, trust in the pixie dust (or Disney magic) and...mother's are important! ...I just added that last part in ; )
I used to think that when we did it we would go more towards the vintage side of it having it look like the Darling's Nursery. I rode "Peter Pan's Flight" a million times in a row when we were at Disneyland just so I could take enough inspiration photos of their bedroom.
Well, the more and more I think about it. And Matt agrees. We want it to be more on the Neverland side of things. Matt likes more modern looking furniture and I like bright colors, so this works perfect.
Here is the inspiration board I created tonight for fun. We have a good 11 months for this to change...at the least, and I'm sure it will somewhat. I just love all of this though so so much!! Matt said, "Wow, I like that!" That means he really does love it :)
From Left Corner going clockwise:
1. Neverland Map is just something I found on Google Images. I would like something as close to this as possible. The colors are perfect and if you're in Neverland, you have to have a map ; )
2. Land of Nod Oak Park Elementary Dresser. It's on the pricier side, but these would be dressers our child could keep as a baby, child, pre-teen, teenager and even when they moved out if they wanted. Good quality and super neutral. There is a changing tray that you can get for the top as well, we definitely would.
3. Land of Nod Oak Park Elementary 2-Over-3 Dresser. I just love this set so much!
4. Blue Broad Stipe Rug. Definitely not a necessity because our 2nd bedroom is carpeted but I would love to have it because it's pretty and pulls the room together :)
5. Land of Nod Crib Quilt. There aren't any sheets that go with this set, but I would want to find a fun green color. I just like the stitch on this quilt.
6. Disney's Peter Pan Mary Blair Concept Art Book. Matt and I just recently discovered this and decided we definitely want to use this book as our artwork in the room. I want to take certain pages and frame them as a gallery wall in the room. Probably above the changing table/dresser. It is all the original artwork when they were creating the movie Peter Pan. The art is different and not in your face Disney which is what we ultimately want. Peter Pan theme, but just touches here and there :)
7. Land of Nod Low Rise Crib. I love the simplicity of this crib. I like how it feels LostBoyEsque to me..??
I have been dreaming about this for so long. I remember planning our wedding and looking at baby stuff and Matt looking at me like I was crazy. Now he doesn't care at all when I look at baby stuff and actually looks at it with me. He gets excited about it too. I love that so so much! Every time I have doubts about the timing of this, Matt is the one who says, "No honey, stop! We are ready. Everything is going to be perfect." I can't wait.
I am not taking the pill anymore, so we'll see what happens. I've almost been off of it for a full month now. I still take my prenatal vitamins too. We're being as careful as we can be because we are going on a Disney Cruise September 3-10 and it would be fun for me to be able to have yummy drinks :) We'll see...it's not up to us now.
Time is flying now. I can't believe we are almost 2 months away from when we want to start "trying". I feel like it was yesterday when I said, "I can't wait 4 months!" while we were in Seabrook and had the first real talk about this. Now it's just 2 1/2.
Summer camps start next week. I'm doing 11 dance camps. I'm sure the time is going to go crazy fast! :)
-Chelsea-
We decided then and there and it has not changed since, that we will do our first born's nursery themed after Peter Pan. We love the moral! Have fun, be a kid, play, dream, live, trust in the pixie dust (or Disney magic) and...mother's are important! ...I just added that last part in ; )
I used to think that when we did it we would go more towards the vintage side of it having it look like the Darling's Nursery. I rode "Peter Pan's Flight" a million times in a row when we were at Disneyland just so I could take enough inspiration photos of their bedroom.
Well, the more and more I think about it. And Matt agrees. We want it to be more on the Neverland side of things. Matt likes more modern looking furniture and I like bright colors, so this works perfect.
Here is the inspiration board I created tonight for fun. We have a good 11 months for this to change...at the least, and I'm sure it will somewhat. I just love all of this though so so much!! Matt said, "Wow, I like that!" That means he really does love it :)
From Left Corner going clockwise:
1. Neverland Map is just something I found on Google Images. I would like something as close to this as possible. The colors are perfect and if you're in Neverland, you have to have a map ; )
2. Land of Nod Oak Park Elementary Dresser. It's on the pricier side, but these would be dressers our child could keep as a baby, child, pre-teen, teenager and even when they moved out if they wanted. Good quality and super neutral. There is a changing tray that you can get for the top as well, we definitely would.
3. Land of Nod Oak Park Elementary 2-Over-3 Dresser. I just love this set so much!
4. Blue Broad Stipe Rug. Definitely not a necessity because our 2nd bedroom is carpeted but I would love to have it because it's pretty and pulls the room together :)
5. Land of Nod Crib Quilt. There aren't any sheets that go with this set, but I would want to find a fun green color. I just like the stitch on this quilt.
6. Disney's Peter Pan Mary Blair Concept Art Book. Matt and I just recently discovered this and decided we definitely want to use this book as our artwork in the room. I want to take certain pages and frame them as a gallery wall in the room. Probably above the changing table/dresser. It is all the original artwork when they were creating the movie Peter Pan. The art is different and not in your face Disney which is what we ultimately want. Peter Pan theme, but just touches here and there :)
7. Land of Nod Low Rise Crib. I love the simplicity of this crib. I like how it feels LostBoyEsque to me..??
I have been dreaming about this for so long. I remember planning our wedding and looking at baby stuff and Matt looking at me like I was crazy. Now he doesn't care at all when I look at baby stuff and actually looks at it with me. He gets excited about it too. I love that so so much! Every time I have doubts about the timing of this, Matt is the one who says, "No honey, stop! We are ready. Everything is going to be perfect." I can't wait.
I am not taking the pill anymore, so we'll see what happens. I've almost been off of it for a full month now. I still take my prenatal vitamins too. We're being as careful as we can be because we are going on a Disney Cruise September 3-10 and it would be fun for me to be able to have yummy drinks :) We'll see...it's not up to us now.
Time is flying now. I can't believe we are almost 2 months away from when we want to start "trying". I feel like it was yesterday when I said, "I can't wait 4 months!" while we were in Seabrook and had the first real talk about this. Now it's just 2 1/2.
Summer camps start next week. I'm doing 11 dance camps. I'm sure the time is going to go crazy fast! :)
-Chelsea-

No comments:
Post a Comment