Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 14: TTC Thoughts

Today is Day 14 of our first month of TTC (trying to conceive). 
I am doing my absolute best to stay calm and stress free.
In this past week I have had camps everyday from 9-4, dealt with some ridiculous and unneccesary crazy dance mama drama & my iPad was stolen. And still, I only cried once and for about 30 seconds before I reminded myself I cannot be stressed. Matt and I are huge worry warts and I am trying to do my absolute best to not bring that on to our baby. I do not want them to feel my stress. Ever. Not now in the womb (if they're there...) and not ever in their life. They'll have their own stresses,  don't want them to feel ours too. 

I realized last night that today is Day 14. That's halfway through our first month of trying. 
We're having fun :) I'm doing my best to eat healthy (oops....I am currently chowing down on a bag of Raisinets Matt bought me)...eating healthy as I can (chocolate feels good when I'm stressing). 
We've been spending our nights watching the Olympics when I get home from dance. I've been going to bed way too late. I need to change that. 

So anyways, I'm super pumped about this month.
Last weekend we went to Babies R Us to just scope out all the good stuff and started an Amazon wish list for things we want to buy for our baby. Found the most comfortable glider I've ever sat in! I may buy that first just so I can chill in it and dream :)

This weekend we are going to Marie's company picnic at the zoo and chillin'! 
I can't wait to chill! 

I'm doing my best to not count the days of this cycle, but how can you not?! 
I know there is still 2 weeks until I can test. It's only been 2 weeks. Feels more like 8. I can't imagine having to do this all over again. I doubt I am one of those lucky ones who gets pregnant on month one of trying. Everyone around me seems to be that lucky. 
I am the most impatient person ever. 

All I can do is enjoy everyday and take lots of deep breaths. 

Things to Improve starting now:
*Need to drink more water, I drink the equivalent of maybe 1 botttle/day...and I'm dancing all day. I'm weird and never feel like I need a water break...I need to start though! I feel awful that I haven't been good about that.
*Need to eat even healthier 

Things I'm good about:
*Haven't had a drop of alcohol since we started this journey (not someone who drinks a lot anyways but I have been loving a glass of wine after dance lately...I stopped doing that)
*I take my prenatals everyday
*I am eating healthier than usual, more fruit and veggies
*I am letting things that usually stress me out, just roll off my back

-Chelsea-


2 comments:

  1. glad to hear it's all going well! I'm on day 14 tomorrow. It's so hard waiting. I'm also trying not to stress, and trying not to think about it too much. Hope the next two weeks go by quickly for you! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having the worst time being patient! Eek...it's fun we're in the same boat right now :)

      Delete