Thursday, January 10, 2013

9 weeks

 Whoa Belly!!
Oh my goodness. I should not have done this comparison. I almost cried. I am 100% excited about our baby growing and growing. Just not so happy that this mama is growing and growing so soon. Look at my awesome flat stomach that I'll probably never ever have again. I can't believe how much of a difference there is in 5 weeks. The sad part is, in the 4 week picture Matt called me out on "you're pushing out your stomach"...this week he called me out on "you were sucking in!" I wonder how big this little bean is going to be!!

How Far Along? 9 weeks

How Big is Baby? Our baby is now the size of a green olive. According to one of my apps, our baby now actually looks like a baby. I love that :)

Total Weight Gain: holding steady at 9 lbs. I'll be happy if I just gain 10 during my first trimester. I don't need to gain more than that right now. I started at 120.5 lbs and now weigh 129.6 lbs. Yikes.

Maternity Clothes? One of my dance moms just gave me an entire shopping bag full! A lot of it I can't wear until it starts to get a bit warmer out. I'll be fine for the rest of January with my current jeans because I have a belly band and my pair of leggings. I wear my dance clothes most days anyways.

Stretch Marks? Not yet. I'm really trying to remember to put lotion on, but I'm horrible at it.

Sleep: I sleep okay. I've been getting really hot at night.

Best Moment this Week: This was the first week of my winter dance quarter so it's gone really fast. The best moments now are getting to tell more and more people. 

Miss Anything:  Not having food aversions and being able to eat whatever I want.

Movement: Not yet, but I wish.

Food Cravings: No true cravings yet. There are times when certain things sound really yummy though!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Food. I've been having a hard time eating when I start to think about eating. Smells make me lose my appetite. Not get sick, but lose my appetite for sure. When Matt cooks meat I have to leave the room. Sick.

Gender: Won't know for 10 more weeks. That's so long from now...

Labor Signs: Too early. 

Symptoms: breast tenderness, food aversions, winded easily, extreme tiredness mid-day everyday (same as last week). I get SO winded and tired while I dance. I told my dance moms that I felt like I was my husband trying to teach a dance class today, lol. 

Belly Button in or out: In thank goodness!

Happy or Moody most of the time? So happy and also quicker to get frustrated. Thats mostly with Matt (poor guy). 

Looking Forward to: Announcing our baby to the whole world tomorrow night.

**Update: I found out today that my blood type is O Negative. I'll need to get a shot at 28 weeks so that if our blood mixes that my body does not reject the pregnancy. All my blood work came back great besides that. :)

4 comments:

  1. You look so cute! Boobs and belly are both growing it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up on getting your body back! I did with my first pregnancy and got rid of a lot of clothes... sure enough, 2 weeks after delivery I was back in my clothes, no stretch marks or anything. Then after second baby it took 2 months, but still, back to my prepregnancy size. Dancers are lucky because our tight abs help us keep in shape during pregnancy! Good luck with the sickness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me so so happy to hear! I am definitely keeping all my skinny jeans for future motivation ; ) Thank you for this!

      Delete