Let me start by saying, I have the best husband in the world.
This morning he took me to a shop in Bellevue called Merry Go Round. It is a baby/children's store that has all the top strollers and baby items. He knew I have been researching strollers for months now and that it is really important that before we have a baby that we have an incredible stroller. This is an item we are willing to spend the $$$ on. When I told him about this shop, he was okay with going with me too browse, "as long as he didn't have to talk to the store people" :)
The one we liked best today at this store is the UPPAbaby Vista 2012.
It is $699.99. It comes with both the seat and bassinet. The bassinet can be used from birth to 6 months. It has an x-large storage basket underneath. Seeing this stroller in person, the basket really is huge. The handle is height adjustable so that when Matt uses it we can put it higher. It is extremely smooth to push and turn. We did not get a chance to see how it folds down, but on the site it says that it has a one-step fold system. We are not big hikers, so this stroller will work perfectly for us.
We have also decided on which baby carrier we want.
We will be getting the Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier. I have worn both the Ergo and a Bjorn while nannying and really do not like the Bjorn. It's really uncomfortable for me. The Ergo is so comfortable though. The baby feels secure and I never feel like I have to "hold on". It doesn't hurt my back and they aren't hideous to look at. I used to not like how the kids legs looked when seeing other moms wear them, but once I actually tried it I realized that they way they are seated is actually very comfortable.
For $115.00, we will definitely be investing in this carrier.
I am already excited for Disneyland next year knowing I'll get to bring these items with us. They will both make Disneyland a much easier trip. If all goes according to plan and we do get pregnant this month, then our baby would be around 3 months old when we go. (We wouldn't plan for that, it's because I take my dance kids).
Today we were walking around the mall and Matt told me I had to stop staring at people's strollers because a Dad was looking at me weird. He thought I was looking at his baby lol. Oops...
I just like to scope it all out.
We also found the Moses Basket that we will be getting.
We decided a long time ago that we would be getting a Moses Basket to use as a bassinet for our baby in our room when they're still a newborn and not in their crib yet. It's so convenient because if you need them to fall asleep close to you, you can bring the basket wherever you need to. We can also take it on trips with us. The one we found at Merry Go Round is absolutely adorable and felt very durable. It could definitely last through all of our kids. And, it has elephants on it (my favorite) so Matt said that is definitely the pattern we should get :) I love that man.
Sometimes it just feels better to go out and really research all these things as if it will for sure be happening. I'm having a super positive attitude this month and am going to just go out there and say that this is our month. I can feel it. I'm not stressed out with work, at all. Things are falling into place at home. It just feels like the right time. It would be the best Christmas present of all time, too.
Today is just CD4, but I'm so excited! I am so ready for this.
I cannot think of anything better than being able to tell my parents we are having a baby in person.
I would be almost 7 weeks pregnant on Christmas Day. I would love nothing more than to be able to tell my family. Being 2,000 miles away is going to be hard for this, but being together for that moment would mean the world to me. I already know how I'd want to tell my mom & dad. : )
I could do some baby shopping with my mom while we are there and that would be so much fun too!
.............................................................................
I'm going to go relax and work on my new Disney World puzzle and read "The Pact" :)
-Chelsea-


No comments:
Post a Comment