Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Visit to our Midwife!

I thought I was due for my annual Pap because I go every November.
I was also excited because this gave me an opportunity to meet with our Midwife again and have a chance to talk to her and hear her thoughts about everything and see that we are in fact doing everything "right". 

I got there (to our amazingly beautiful and brand new hospital) and turns out that I had my last Pap in February so I did not need to get one. I'm not sure why I did it in February last year, maybe I put it off because I hate them? So I was worried that the nurse was going to tell me I should just go home, but she didn't. I got to meet with Lori (I'm not sure how she spells her name) again and again, I loved her :)
I feel super comfortable with her and am able to just be myself and ask questions without feeling judged in any way at all. 

She told me that it sounds like we're doing everything right, I just need to continue to work on being stress free and to "just have fun". I've never been good at "just having fun"...even when I was little. My parents would scold me when I was little for not just being like a kid. "Chelsea, just go play!...always followed by tears and me saying, "But I just don't-know-how!" I wasn't kidding. I was a weird little kid always trying to find ways to make money and start businesses lol. 

Anyways, Lori told me today that we should continue using our OPK's and this month I should pee on the sticks beginning on Day 10. Then, when I get a positive test, we should do the baby dance that day and the next two days and we should be good to go.

IF, I am not pregnant by February, then she said I can come in to start blood work, get an ultrasound to make sure my tubes aren't blocked and for Matt to get checked too. She said she doesn't think that will be needed if we do the OPK's and I chill :) 

As I was leaving through the doors to the lobby she called one more time and said, "Remember, just have fun!" So...I started the day off right. I went down to the gift shops (which carry Lululemon and all the top brand baby items...) and I bought myself a new sweater...an $87.00 sweater! Eek lol, I've never done that before. It actually felt so good. I didn't regret it at all. 

I'm really excited about this month and about using the OPK's. 
Matt and I agreed that we're going to go to Walgreens and get the good ones for this month instead of using the Wondfo's that I have left. 

I WILL however, be using those for the actual tests at the end of this cycle because you can tell so much sooner. Oh my goodness, I get so excited and emotional just thinking about it. 

I'm so excited to go back to the clinic. I really get such a happy feeling there. There were so many pregnant women in the lobby. One was there with her husband and mom and I could tell she was there to be induced. She was nervous/excited and it made me smile to myself to see :) I can't wait for that to be us...

*sigh* I'm feeling really just happy right now....I feel great about things!

-Chelsea-

No comments:

Post a Comment