Thursday, December 6, 2012

4 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 4 weeks 

{Papa's idea...taking pictures in front of the barn where we got married each week}


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Last week I was consistently 120.5 lbs every morning, and the past few days I have been 121.2. So I guess that means I've almost gained a pound. Good!! :) My goal is to be around 125 lbs. by 10 weeks. 

Symptoms: I am exhausted and constantly hungry! I go to bed by 8pm at the latest and wake up around 8:30pm. Although last night I didn't go to bed until 11pm, but I was excited from hanging out with Nana & Papa and sharing our news. Matt and I also decided what we want my parents to be called before falling asleep last night. I'll write about that after we tell them though. Oh boy am I excited, it's so cute!! 
I also have teeny bits of cramps here and there. More like little twinges or pinches than cramps though. Oh, and more gas. Sick I know..sorry ; )

Maternity Clothes: I definitely am fitting just fine in all of my clothes and will for a while. I am really excited to get to wear maternity clothes though. I'll get to wear my friend Haley's maternity clothes and they are so so cute! I can't wait to go buy some too :)

Best Moment Last Week: Finding out we were pregnant just 6 days ago, telling my best friends and telling Matt’s parents! 

Gender: I am thinking it will be a boy. Not "hoping" for one, I will really be ecstatic for either, but I just have a feeling. I'm always wrong about these things though. We’ll see if I keep feeling that way or not. 

Movement: I wish I could feel something this early, still a few more months until that happens:)

Food Cravings: Cheddar Cheese (preferably in the form of cheese sticks).

Food aversions: breakfast in general. I have a hard time eating anything in the morning, but I force myself because I know it will make me feel better when I’m starving an hour later. 

What I Miss: absolutely nothing. What could be better than knowing our child is so close to me...

Sleep: A lot of it, but not good sleep. I wake up to pee once a night and am having crazy dreams. Matt said I was sleeping sideways last night. I read that you should not sleep on your right side, so I’ve been sleeping on my left side. That means Matt and I had to switch sides because we can’t sleep facing each other. It’s been weird. I’m sure we’ll get used to it soon and it will feel normal again. I’m glad to be on that side of the bed though because in the long run I’d have to be. That’s where we’ll have the baby sleep in the beginning once they’re here. 

What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to being able to tell my Mom & Dad. I am waiting to be able to tell them in person. It’s hard to talk to them now and not say anything. Just about 15 more days. I usually call them once/day, but I've been calling every other instead. Then there is more for them to talk to me about and I don't have to talk at all. So far, they haven't noticed anything different. They're going to freak out!! Eek! I'm so excited for that moment! 



1 comment:

  1. I had morning sickness every morning for 3 months, and I had a baby girl....
    Maybe it is a boy :)

    ReplyDelete