Tonight I am 3 weeks and 6 days and cannot wait to say I am 4 weeks tomorrow.
For some reason that feels safer.
We had Matt's parents (Nana & Papa L.) over for dinner tonight. It was Papa's birthday on Monday so we thought this would be the perfect time to tell them. We recently ordered our wedding photo book (almost a year and a half over due) to give to them as a Christmas gift. We took the photo of me with our pregnancy test and a note reading, "Happy Birthday Papa! Love, Little Baby Lanese. P.S Can't wait to meet you in August 2013" and stuck them in the back of the book.
When they got here dinner wasn't done yet so Matt said, "How about we have you open your birthday present!" He actually looked through the whole book first :) There were a few times when the back page peeked through but I'll never know if they saw it before really "seeing" it. They were happy and there were hugs. They've known we have been trying so it was definitely no surprise. They were definitely happy and I'm glad we got to share our happy happy news with them. Their baby is going to be a Dad, that's pretty cool.
Matt made a delicious Pot Roast and we all ate a ton. Mmmm (Little Bean & I were happy). We watched home videos that Papa is putting on dvd's for the kids for Christmas. It was so awesome to see and hear Matt as a toddler. I just dreamt the whole time wondering if our Little Bean will be a boy and if he is, if he will look like the cute little chubby cheeked boy I just watched in the videos. That would make me so so happy. I've been telling Matt I have a feeling we're going to have a boy first. We'll see...I hope we get to find out around 16 weeks. That's still 3 months from now though!
We talked about getting a head start and painting the nursery sooner than later. We're going to have my mom come out here around Valentine's Day and help us paint it. She would really love that.
Now one set of parents know...just 8 more days until we tell Matt's siblings and just about 18 days until we get to tell my family! It's so hard to wait, but it will be worth it to tell them in person.
Best Christmas Ever :) This was right before Nana & Papa arrived. We were super nervous.
Cogsy wanted to get in the pictures too, cute little guy!
My awesome husband making fun of me...Oh so funny! I just told him, "See what you get for teasing me, you get BLOGGED!"
Hehe :)
This really is the best Christmas ever.






I have been searching for another Mommy Blogger in Washington State and stumbled on you! Ahh yay!
ReplyDeleteFollowing along.