We arrived here in WI and I wanted to make sure we told my parents right away because I couldn't wait any longer. We got in and settled in for probably just 10-15 minutes and then I told my parents, "I have a really exciting present for you from our wedding that we finally got that I want you to see right away! Go sit in the living room!!" Somehow, they were still clueless. They were so excited we were here and that it was from our wedding that they didn't even think about it (what they told me later).
So they sat on the couch together with all my siblings around (minus Cody) and they looked at each and every page of our book (very slowly). They finally got to the last page and saw the note from Baby Lanese and my mom just started crying and closed the book. She was so so happy. My dad said, "What's going on, you closed the book, I didn't see!" So I quick opened it up and said, "I'm having a baby!" My dad said, "Really!!" Then we all hugged and the kids were all excited and everyone was just excited and my mom just cried and cried.
It was awesome. I wish I would have taken pictures of it but I thought for sure they knew what we were doing because they knew we were trying. My mom said that she didn't think I'd been calling or talking to her about it because I didn't want to talk about it anymore. : ) We actually surprised them! I'm not sure how, but we did and I loved it so much!
Now, they are both so catering and helpful to me to make sure I am happy and feel good while we're here. My mom has been talking to me about everything a lot to make me feel better and my dad even made me lunch today : ) They bought Matt a water bottle for Christmas yesterday so that he will stop drinking out of mine because I need it.
My siblings are so funny. My brother keeps joking that he thinks we're having twins because of how much of a belly I already have. (It is kind of scary how much I have already but I know it's not twins).
Cirrah has been asking lots of questions and keeps telling me, "Don't talk about it or it will fly out!" Ha!
Caleb was rough housing today and tossed Cogsy onto my lap and I said, "Ow Caleb". He started crying and said, "I'm sorry! I hurt the baby!!"...so sweet. I reassured him that the baby is fine : )
It's so nice having them know!!!
I've been waiting for this update! I'm so glad it went well!
ReplyDelete