I am having the hardest time not telling my parents about our baby. I think that is what is keeping it from feeling 100% real still. I am 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I cannot believe that my Mom & Dad don't know yet. I never keep anything from them. I'm doing it on purpose because I want that moment to be shared with them in person so I can hug them and we can all be excited together. It will be worth it when we get there. I will be 6 weeks and 2 days when I tell them, so that's still pretty early.
I got our pictures from Jessica today so I put them in the back of our wedding photo book for them. I cannot wait to give them their best Christmas gift of all time! My Mom has been waiting and so excited to be a Grandma. I want our kids to call her Nama and to call my Dad, Pops :) I hope my Dad likes that name, we'll see. I had a dream last night that he hated it. He wants to be called Big Papa. We're okay with him being called Papa if he wants, but I don't want the "Big" Papa part lol.
We are going to get there late on Friday night (hoping the weather is okay) and we told Cody, my brother, to come over in the morning on Saturday because we have a "Family Gift" for them. I don't think he knows still :) Or if he does he hasn't said anything. Matt thinks my parents know too because I call my mom every month when I get my period and am always talking to her about baby things. I haven't even said the word baby to her since we found out which was almost 3 weeks ago. She's got to know...They're doing a good job of not saying anything.
Tonight I called her at 8pm our time (10pm by them) because I was so excited that my team moms got me a Coach purse, scarf/gloves, massage gift card and See's Candy for Christmas. I was giddy about it and wasn't thinking about how late it was. I said, "MOM! Guess what?!" She was like, "WHAT??" It sounded like she thought I was going to tell her I was pregnant. Or maybe it's in my head.
The other day talking to my dad I let it slip and said, "Matt's sick now, but at least he's allowed to take medicine for his cold." He didn't say anything but my heart dropped because I was waiting for him to ask. Eek.
We will be there in just a few more days and there's just 4 more mornings that need to pass before it's the morning we tell them. The REALLY hard part is going to be arriving and not telling them when we get there and waiting for morning. Yikes.
I'm going to bring everything to show my Mom. My tests, my books, my scrapbook I'm making our Little Bean. I'm excited that she'll know we call our baby Little Bean. I think when she was pregnant with Cody that she called him that because now he is always Beaner, Coco Bean, Coconut and just Coco now to my little siblings. I was always Punky Girl : ) and they still call me Punky.
It will be much easier to explain to my family why we need to leave on the 30th which is family Christmas. We need to get home for our first appointment on the 2nd!!
I'm just so excited to tell them. Every time I call them I have a hard time talking to them. I talk but I think all I'm saying is, "I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant..." and then wonder if I've said it out loud. Oh boy.
Just a few more days!!! : )
**Random update: my sports bras no longer fit me. YAY!**
No comments:
Post a Comment