Sunday, December 2, 2012

We're Pregnant!

I really can't believe it. I can't believe I get to write it out now. Wow...
I am pregnant!

We did really for the first time feel totally awesome about our timing this month. 
Every time I got sad this month or anxious (which was often), Matt would stay strong insisting that I would see that this month was the month.

I can't believe that I will get to tell my parents in person that we're going to have a baby.
According to when I had my last period, our babies due date is:

August 15, 2013


I think that's a beautiful date.
And it's the perfect time to have a baby here in WA. August is always so beautiful. And September and October are also my favorites in regards to weather here. Perfect for how I could feel postpartum. 

I said that all I wanted for Christmas was a positive test. That's it.
Matt asked me if he could open his new Wii U that's sitting under the tree since I got my present early, ha, yeah right...! ; )

We are still deciding how we are going to tell our immediate families.
I'm still really nervous about everything. It doesn't feel all the way real yet, but at the same time it feels like this is exactly when it was supposed to happen all along and that it just feels right.
We're going to Carter's outlet store today to get little onuses for my mom and dad for Christmas that say cute little "I love my Grandma"...etc. That's how we'll tell them. In WI, in person. We dreamt of this being the way it worked out. I prayed and prayed that we would be able to tell my parents in person when we went to WI for Christmas. We get to tell my little brother, Cody then too! 

 Now that I know I am pregnant I am realizing that certain things that have been happening make more sense. Our pug, Cogsworth, has wanted to do nothing but follow me around and cuddle with me the past few days. Usually it's Matt. He's actually curled up next to me right now. Friday I worked in my office at the studio all day. Around 1pm I was famished. I called Matt to see if he wanted to go to Panera with me. He had already eaten but said he'd love to go anyways. I ordered a tuna sandwich (oops shouldn't eat tuna) AND a bowl of tomato soup. I had two trays...they were all for me lol and I ate all of it. I was still hungry after but Matt assured me that I would live if I did not have a peanut butter dream cookie.

Makes sense now...

I had all my team kids (20 K-7th graders) over to the studio last night for their Christmas sleepover. I am exhausted! I could sleep all day.
I took another test when I got home today. Matt finally believes it too. We walked out of the bathroom and set the timer. Matt hugged me so that I couldn't cheat and run to the bathroom early. Then he grabbed my hand and we walked in together. I didn't look at the test. I decided I would judge by his face. I've never seen him smile so big, and then I knew. I looked down and saw this!

There is no denying that second line now. I had my doubts yesterday and now today I feel 100% confident. Tomorrow I am going to call our midwife :)

{just got home from the team sleepover...like literally walked in the door to the bathroom} :)

Comparison of the past three days tests. I am not going to take anymore for a few more days when Matt would like me take one that says "pregnant" :)

Happy Happy Sunday friends!

-The Mommy to Be- (hehe)


11 comments:

  1. best post I've ever read!! congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you! Now I can't wait to read your posts like this. I'm still thinking about you. I want you to have the best Christmas present too :)!!

      Delete
    2. you're too sweet! I'm praying so hard!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!!!! Congratulations!! We're two days apart!! How awesome is that! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I've been meaning to leave a congratulations comment here, but I was always on my phone and it wouldn't let me! So Congratulations! It is so funny, I have been following your story and always kinda had in the back of my mind waiting for you to find out you were pregnant, and we don't even really know each other! Just know a crazy stranger named Chelsea is so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Chelsea, that's so sweet! Thank you so so much :)

      Delete