Sunday, December 9, 2012

"Yes I Am"

Our plan was not to tell Matt's siblings until next weekend when we have our Christmas with them, but last night we all got to be a part of an amazing experience that brought us together a week early as well. 
Last night were the first gay marriages in WA and we got to be there for one of the weddings at the Thurston County Courthouse at midnight. Matt's brother works for the state and knew one of the men that got married last night. 

Little Bean, I hope that you always know that everyone is equal and deserves a chance to be this happy. You got to be there too and I am so happy to be able to tell you that one day! Mommy & Daddy have many great friends who are gay and I am so glad you will grow up knowing no difference. 

Our plan was to tell everyone next weekend by walking to the front door and I would just take my coat off for everyone to see my shirt which would read "Yes I Am" because Matt's siblings are always asking since they know we are (were) trying. I was bummed yesterday that I didn't have time to prep for this before we went over to Matt's brother's house. So, Nana to the rescue! She grabbed a white shirt that she had and a black fabric marker and I quick made it before we left to go to their house.



I was so nervous to tell everyone. 
So I had the t-shirt on under my jacket and the plan was to do the same thing as planned before; just take my coat off and see who will notice what it says. Well, we got there and Megan & Clint were at the house with the kids but Chris & Mel (Matt's siblings) were out together getting pizza. So when we got there Matt told me not to take off my jacket. So for a good 10-15 minutes I just tried to make it seem normal that I hadn't taken my coat off yet lol. It felt so weird. 

Finally, they got home and about 30 seconds after they walked in, I took my jacket off. Everyone was in the living room when I turned around. At first no one got it (which was shocking) so then they finally got it and I screamed "I'M PREGNANT" lol. There were hugs and it was funny :) 
Then I couldn't stop talking about our bean all night.


It was definitely a night for the history books! LOTS of love yesterday :)

-Chelsea Kay-


No comments:

Post a Comment